At Rareview, we are a proud partner of WordPress VIP. We are looking for a Backend WordPress developer to join our team. Our projects mainly involve WordPress and WooCommerce. We often deal with RESTful web services interfaces and data migrations. Our sites are reviewed by the team at Automattic who assist with code reviews, implementation, and more.
- Develop WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP.
- Leverage WordPress APIs and extend the WordPress admin experience.
- Solve complex problems in simple ways.
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks.
- Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly.
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy.
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment.
- Deploy changes to live servers.
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites.
- A rock-solid knowledge of PHP and SQL.
- Familiarity with systems architecture and design patterns.
- Code portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both.
- Experience using Git.
- Experience managing and configuring servers.
- Ability to setup a local environment for testing PHP code.
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Ability to quickly read and understand foreign code bases.
- Make an impact — build innovative sites used by millions of people each month
- Strive for quality — operate in a team focused on pragmatic and clean solutions
- Play interdisciplinary — work alongside consultants, analysts, designers, developers, marketers, and other specialists
- Self manage — organize your own time and tasks the way it fits your working style best
- Innovate — experiment with chat bots, decoupled CMS architecture, latest frontend frameworks, and the crown jewel of WordPress development; the VIP environment
Our agency started in 2002 and we are a fun group. We work on cool projects and strive for quality. Have a look at our manifesto for more information.
- Remote or local are both acceptable — Rareview’s main office is in Irvine, CA. but we also have a portion of our team that is distributed (remote). Either or works.
- Please send us samples of your work including a GIT repo for code review and a detailed explanation of what you are currently doing, your background and skills in development, and your goals for the next few years of your career.