At Rareview, we are a proud partner of WordPress VIP. We are looking for a WordPress developer to join our team that understands how to build custom WP websites from scratch using the latest technologies, clean concise code, with speed and scalability in mind. Our sites are reviewed by the team at Automattic who assist with code reviews, implementation, and more.
- Collaborate with the product manager and web team to articulate the best technological solution for the problem at hand
- Architect, develop, and maintain creative technical solutions, products, and features for WordPress websites that address complex business objectives
- Analyze user story acceptance criteria to ensure the technical feasibility and point out potential issues
- Make sure we can deliver on time, on budget, and on scope — and flag any concerns early on to allow adjustments plans to MVP as needed
- Architect and develop new backend features and plugins, custom functionality and theme integration
- Write high quality code with readability, efficiency and maintainability in mind — while considering site speed and performance implications (all our sites must achieve an A rating in GTMetrics, Google PageSpeed, etc.)
- Experience developing and maintain complex WordPress-based solutions, themes, and plugins
- QA and code review of front-end and back-end development work
- Explore and incorporate new and emerging development trends
- Actively participate in our scrum and development meetings
- Work with the team to diagnose and resolve backend bugs and support requests
- Performance and security monitoring, along with vulnerability analysis
- Make an impact — build innovative sites used by millions of people each month
- Strive for quality — operate in a team focused on pragmatic and clean solutions
- Play interdisciplinary — work alongside consultants, analysts, designers, developers, marketers, and other specialists
- Self manage — organize your own time and tasks the way it fits your working style best
- Innovate — experiment with chat bots, decoupled CMS architecture, latest frontend frameworks, and the crown jewel of WordPress development; the VIP environment
Our agency started in 2002 and we are a fun group. We work on cool projects and strive for quality. Have a look at our manifesto for more information.
- Remote or local are both acceptable — Rareview’s main office is in Irvine, CA. but we also have a portion of our team that is distributed (remote). Either or works.
- Please send us samples of your work including a GIT repo for code review and a detailed explanation of what you are currently doing, your background and skills in development, and your goals for the next few years of your career.