At Rareview, we are a proud partner of WordPress VIP. We are looking for a Front End Web Developer, specializing in WordPress to join our team that understands how to build custom WP websites from scratch using the latest technologies, clean concise code, with speed and scalability in mind. Our sites are reviewed by the team at Automattic who assist with code reviews, implementation, and more.
- Transform visual comps into rich web interactions that are fluidly responsive, performant, semantic, and accessible.
- Collaborate with visual and user experience designers on wireframes, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences.
- Evaluate design deliverables for build feasibility and provide constructive feedback to internal, client-side, and third-party designers, user experience designers, and project managers.
- Perform cross-browser testing and remediation for front-end performance and visual quality assurance.
- Partner with UX designers, web engineers, and managers to move a project through development and launch.
- Build sites in WordPress using custom-built themes, minimal plugin dependancies, and Gutenberg editor.
- At least five years experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field.
- Experience building WordPress websites from scratch.
- Experience with Gutenberg and building out custom blocks.
- Strong understanding of HTML, CSS including cross-browser compatibility, and WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Experience using Git.
- Proven ability to transform a static comp into a website from the ground up.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an “always-learning” person, excited to create great web experiences.
- Make an impact — build innovative sites used by millions of people each month
- Strive for quality — operate in a team focused on pragmatic and clean solutions
- Play interdisciplinary — work alongside consultants, analysts, designers, developers, marketers, and other specialists
- Self manage — organize your own time and tasks the way it fits your working style best
- Innovate — experiment with chat bots, decoupled CMS architecture, latest frontend frameworks, and the crown jewel of WordPress development; the VIP environment
Our agency started in 2002 and we are a fun group. We work on cool projects and strive for quality. Have a look at our manifesto for more information.
- Remote or local are both acceptable — Rareview’s main office is in Irvine, CA. but we also have a portion of our team that is distributed (remote). Either or works.
- Please send us samples of your work including a GIT repo for code review and a detailed explanation of what you are currently doing, your background and skills in development, and your goals for the next few years of your career.